One seamless customer experience from high street to website, catalogue to contact centre
Multichannel retailing – which began as alternative, often separate, ways of selling to customers, such as store, website and catalogue – is changing. It’s now best defined as the ability to sell any stock through any customer touchpoint – what the Americans call 'cross-channel order management' and the Brits more snappily title 'click and collect'.
True Multichannel retailing is about delivering a consistent brand experience everywhere, including pricing, merchandising, design, ratings and reviews. The key is integration
Multichannel? Integrated Multichannel? Cross-channel? Whatever you call it, the customer experience should be seamless, the relationship continuous and the brand singular and reinforced regardless of the channel.
And this isn’t just about the customer front end experience, it is equally important to remember the processes that must be in place behind the scenes to support an engaging customer journey. A single view of inventory, effective fulfilment options, cross-channel capabilities such as click and collect, precise customer communication, returns management – these processes can make or break the customer experience, or indeed whether they actually buy from you.
That’s why best practice process and integration is as important as a well-designed website or store point of sale (POS) with all the bells and whistles. In short, integrated selling plus integrated service will result in enhanced performance.
Taking advantage of cross-channel retailing
The benefits of cross-channel retailing are clear:
- your e-commerce store grows faster than any of your stores on the high street and you need to support this growth with systems that work flawlessly
- customers are shopping in new ways and taking control of how they interact with you: researching on the web; embracing innovations like click and collect. You need to be ready for these changes
- cross-channel shoppers are worth a lot more than those who only shop online or in store. You need to get a 360 degree view of your customers' purchases
- cross-channel customer ordering gives your business the opportunity to work your inventory harder and service your customers better. Through ‘infinite aisles’ and ‘save the sale’ customer ordering, you can make ALL your inventory available to every customer
- future sales from mobile customers will be driven by your e-commerce platform. So you need to choose an engine that will be ready for the future.
Further Information on our Multichannel services...
We provide fully managed and hosted e-commerce services to over 30 retailers and e-tailers including Aurora Fashions (whose brands include Oasis, Karen Millen, Warehouse and Coast), Thomas Pink, Great Little Trading Co., Habitat, Moss, Whistles, Phase Eight, Matalan and Harvey Nichols.
To understand the value of your customers and support their demands across your channels you need a cross-channel solution. For example, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution lets you consolidate purchases from your stores, catalogue, web and call centre so you know the true value of your customers.
To build your future you need a solid infrastructure and an e-commerce engine that will be ready to anticipate the fast-changing demands of your customers. To find out more contact us.
To find out more about our Multichannel Solutions submit a query and we’ll get back to you.