You're probably as sick of the phrase "economic downturn" as we are. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what’s gone wrong, without being able to provide what you need to overcome the resulting challenges. At our annual retail client conference on 13th May 2009 at Hellidon Lakes Hotel near Banbury, you'll get the chance to meet with other leading retailers away from the day to day pressures of work and share ideas in a relaxed environment.
The conference will also arm you with practical tools and useful strategies to help you once you’re back in the thick of it. We're focusing on a range of topics from the growing success of selling online to using social media with younger customers. You’ll also get the very latest IT-related insight from the UK’s Top 100 retailers as researched by Martec.
Here is a brief look at who is speaking so far, with more retailers and details of sessions on the Website as soon as they are confirmed:
- Liberty will take the lead on our roundtable discussion about building effective propositions for high end brands. Other roundtable discussion topics include PCI DSS
- Matalan will review the results of the pre-Christmas launch of matalanonline, and show how to tackle the downturn by increasing sales online
- WHSmith - more information to be provided soon.
Joining our retail speakers will be some of the industry’s leading gurus such as:
- Dr Nicola Millard, BT Futurologist, on why your employees need to be more involved than ever to ensure business success in today’s online culture
- Ian Jindal, founder of Internet Retailing magazine, and a consultant and renowned industry expert, will be looking at simple ways retailers can drive up site traffic and increase conversions
- Brian Hume, Managing Director of Martec will exclusively reveal findings from the latest IT in Retail Report on the Top 100 UK retailers’ IT spending decisions
- David Henning, VP of Epicor, will join us from the USA to update us on Epicor strategy and future plans.
- Sally Taylor, Head of Client Training at BT Expedite will explain about re-skilling for recovery, and how we can help retailers get easy access to government funding.
BT Expedite and BT Fresca are pleased to offer our clients complimentary attendance at this exclusive event. All scheduled sessions, meals, refreshments, entertainment and activities are included. The fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down, and we hope you’ll also join us for the closing party and spend the night. To make this easier on your wallet we’ve secured a special B&B rate for you at the Hellidon Lakes Hotel of £90 inclusive of VAT for a single room, or £100 inclusive of VAT for a twin room (£50 per person sharing a twin).
Please contact Caroline Chapman ([email protected]) or Gerald Maidment ([email protected]) if you have any immediate questions.
||Special thanks to our partner and conference sponsors