Martec IT in Retail research 2011
Martec IT in Retail Reports 2011-12, sponsored by BT Expedite
Retailers’ IT investment at an all time low, as mobile commerce takes off
The latest IT in Retail Reports by Martec International shows that retailers’ investment in IT is at an all-time low. For the first time the priority will be e-commerce and mobile commerce. There’s also a positive indication of retailers planning to upgrade key business systems to keep up with the continuing shift to multichannel retailing.
The report is an analysis of the systems used by the 100 leading UK retailers 2011-12.
This is the ninth annual study carried out by Martec International and is undertaken by interviewing CIOs in the leading retail organisations. The results represent 71% of the UK retail market by sales.
For the second year, there’s another report which also features the leading 125 non-food retailers.
Key findings uncovered in the reports include:
• the latest outlook on IT spend and how it compares to pre-recession budgets
• IT spend by sector, and how this differs between retailers and non-food retailers
• changes to investment priorities as retailers show intent to invest for the future
• what’s most important for CIOs today
• importance of e-commerce and m-commerce as multichannel develops
Further information on the research...
Retailers can request a replay link of a recent web seminar of the report findings including Martec’s MD Brian Hume and Brian Scott from Pets at Home. Email [email protected]
If you'd like to submit a query, enquire below and we’ll get back to you.